Sell Your Marriott Timeshare
We get paid when you get paid !
Sell Your Marriott Timeshare
We get paid when you get paid!
Free Registration – No Fees Upfront
If you’ve been researching the best way to sell your timeshare, you should be pleased to learn that you can register to sell your timeshare for free.
That’s right! Doctor Timeshare is one of the only places where you don’t have to pay anything upfront to list your timeshare for sale. We earn our commission when the property sells and we do not get paid until you do. It is therefore in our best interest for us to sell your ownership quickly and at a price that is beneficial to all parties involved!
What is the Transfer of Ownership Process?
The transfer process takes about 90 days to complete; however, it is essential that we follow legal and company requirements and ensure that both parties are fully protected throughout the procedure.
Marriott Vacation Worldwide (MVW) does the transfer of ownership from their head offices in Florida and the process organised in 5 parts:
- Getting an offer is a great feeling but for us, the work is just beginning. We will confirm to you in writing the exact net amount which you will receive upon completion and once agreement is reached, our transaction coordinator, will contact you to collect all the necessary information for the contract preparation.
- Before the end of the mandatory 14 days’ withdrawal period, we are asking the Buyers to transfer onto the escrow account the full purchase amount. All monies will stay blocked until completion of the transfer of ownership.
- From the moment the funds are placed into the account, the agreements will be sent to Marriott for review, also referred as to “Right of First Refusal” period (ROFR); this typically takes 4 weeks. If Marriott choose to waive their “Right of First Refusal” we can then move on with the procedure and the complete file will then be sent via secured postal mail to MVW in Florida.
- In about another 4 weeks of time, we should receive from MVW a document named Holiday Ownership Transfer Agreement (HOTA). Upon receipt, we will forward it to you and the buyers for original signatures. This original document should be returned to us and after verification we will send it back to MVW in Florida.
- We’ve now reached the final step of the transfer of ownership procedure and we will have to wait another 4 weeks for Marriott to complete the transaction. The Buyers will receive home their new timeshare ownership certificate and the funds will be released to your Bank account in file.
“How Much is My Timeshare Worth?”
We want you to have the best possible chance of selling your timeshare ownership. Understand that it is a common interest! However, the timeshare resale market is complex and understanding the state of it is the first step in selling your timeshare.
Considering that you are competing with multiple owners at your resort with an identical ownership and an identical need to sell and knowing that buyers are constantly looking for the lowest available price, selecting a realistic price for your timeshare is therefore crucial.
Thus, we strongly recommend you to research on our website what is the current asking price for a similar ownership as yours.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I sell my Timeshare if I originally purchased from Marriott?
Yes! Regardless of when or where you purchased your timeshare, you are fully entitled to resell it.
Will I be able to resell my timeshare for the same amount I bought it for?
You will sadly not receive the same amount for you resale as you originally paid for from the resort. This is because when resort developers like Marriott are selling timeshares, they tack on additional fees for sales incentives, marketing campaigns, etc. Since you will not be offering any of these services, your timeshare will be sold for the fair market value. However, this means that it is likely to be sold much more quickly than if you charged the full price that you paid for it.
Can I sell my Timeshare if still have a financing?
No. You cannot sell if your timeshare is still under financing. The ownership must be debt free in order that Marriott Vacation Worldwide in Florida approves the transaction.
How long will it take until you find a buyer?
No one can accurately determine a specific length of time within which your property will sell. There are many factors that will influence the resale of your timeshare including location, resort quality, flexibility of usage, season, demand and, of course, price.
What documents do I need regarding my timeshare?
You should have your owner documents ready, such as the original purchase and sales agreement, to verify your ownership information. We will need details such as the specific week owned, usage, unit size, location.
How long does a Timeshare closing take?
Marriott Vacation Worldwide does the transfer of ownership from their head offices in Florida and the timeshare resale process takes about 90 days to complete from the moment the Buyer’s funds are placed into the escrow account.
The Doctor Timeshare Experience
- Family WebsterUnited Kingdom
- Family CohenFrance
- Family RockfordScotland