Frequently asked questions, answered
Is it really free to register my timeshare?
Yes really, no tricks! Registering your timeshare week(s) and/or Club Points is 100% free, no hidden fees and no on-going commitment or exclusivity required.
You wouldn’t pay your Realtor before they sell your house, so why would you pay upfront for your timeshare?
If anyone requires an upfront fee to help you sell or register your timeshare for sale, be very cautious. Also, be wary of any timeshare ad-site that promises a “too-good-to-be-true” selling rate. Many third party scam artists that charge an upfront fee will entice sellers into the false expectation of an unrealistic, higher sale-price, in order to secure the sale of the ad.
In many cases, once you’ve paid them an upfront fee, these ad-sites will lose any urgency they had to work towards selling the timeshare. They have already received their incentive and will focus on getting more upfront fees rather than finding a buyer for the timeshare.
At Doctor-Timeshare.com, we want to have the biggest possible selection of Marriott timeshare ownerships. Every listing brings us more visitors, makes our search more unique, so it’s in our interests to offer free registration to all our clients.
How long will it take until you find a buyer?
Because the resale market is a buyer’s market, it can take time to locate a buyer, and no one can accurately determine a specific length of time within which your timeshare will sell.
There are many factors that will influence the resale of your timeshare including your home-resort location, timeshare season, unit size, demand, and of course, if your asking price is in accordance with the resale market values. In short, the higher you list the price, the longer it will take to sell.
I just can't wait any longer — What should I do?
If you need to sell your timeshare, and can’t afford to waste any more time, depending on the location and season of your ownership we could offer you a cash price to immediately take over your ownership, and liberate you from all your obligations.
An alternative option would be to voluntary surrender your ownership by offering it back to the resort for no monetary compensation. Feel free to contact our multilingual team at +34 910 605 270 or via the contact form for more information about the immediate sale and voluntary surrender subjects.
Can I sell my timeshare if still have a financing?
Sadly, no! You can’t sell if your timeshare is still under financing. The ownership must be debt free in order that Marriott Vacation Worldwide approve the transaction.
What is the Transfer of Ownership Process?
The timeshare resale process takes about 90 days to complete and is organised in 5 parts:
- Getting an offer is a great feeling but for us, the work is just beginning. We will confirm to you in writing the exact net amount which you will receive upon completion, and once agreement is reached our transaction coordinator will contact you to collect all the necessary information for the contract preparation.
- Before the end of the mandatory 14 days’ withdrawal period, we are asking the Buyers to transfer onto the escrow account the full purchase amount. All monies will stay blocked until completion of the transfer of ownership.
- From the moment the funds are placed into the account, the agreements will be sent to Marriott for review, also referred as to “Right of First Refusal” period (ROFR); this typically takes 4 weeks. If Marriott choose to waive their “Right of First Refusal” we can then move on with the procedure and the complete file will then be sent via secured postal mail to MVW in Florida.
- In about another 4 weeks of time, we should receive from MVW a document named Holiday Ownership Transfer Agreement (HOTA). Upon receipt, we will forward it to you and the buyers for original signatures. This original document should be returned to us and after verification we will send it back to MVW in Florida.
- We’ve now reached the final step of the transfer of ownership procedure and we will have to wait another 4 weeks for Marriott to complete the transaction. The funds will then be released to your Bank account, and the Buyers will receive home their new timeshare ownership certificate.
Will I have to pay the transfer fees and commission?
You can have peace in mind knowing that we will not charge you any sort of fees before, during or after the sales process. The buyers will bear all costs incurred.