- Right to use until 2078
- Usage Type
- Every year
- Next Occupancy
- 2020 Maintenance Fees
- 1,297.54 €
- Marriott transfer fees, Escrow Services fees, Administration fees
- 300 € per transfer
Same Benefits — Lower Prices
By purchasing a timeshare resale (timeshare weeks for sale by owner) on the secondary market, you can save as much as 85% off the price of purchasing that same timeshare directly from Marriott, the developer. No high-pressure sales pitches to deal with, just leisurely browsing from the comfort of your own home.
These timeshare weeks will have exactly the same benefits as weeks purchased directly from Marriott and will work in the same way when staying in your home resort and exchanging with Interval International to over 3000 resorts, including all the Marriott Vacation Club resorts.
Marriott Owner Services deals professionally with all owners, no matter where or how they purchased their timeshare ownership. There is no preference given to bookings or exchanges for those that purchased at full price directly from Marriott, over and above owners of resale ownerships.
What are the Timeshare Seasons?
Marriott Vacation Club designate the seasons with colours such as Silver, Gold, Gold-Holiday and Platinum to distinguish between high, intermediate and low demand weeks.
- Platinum Season (April/July/August): Perfect Season for family with kids with a need to travel during Easter and Summer holiday.
- Gold-Holiday Season (February/June/July/October/December): This Season is available only in certain Marriott Vacation Club Resorts and also coincide with Winter, Spring, Fall and Christmas school holidays.
- Gold Season (April/June/July/September): It is considered as the Mid-Season – Kids are back in school, crowds have returned home, travel costs are reasonable and the weather is still pleasant in most of the European Resorts.
- Silver Season (January/February/March/November/December): This Low-Season will allow you to exchange into almost 3000 worldwide Resorts.
How can I use my Timeshare?
It’s really that easy! As a timeshare owner in the Marriott Vacation Club, the world is your oyster, and every year, you get to choose!
The following will help you understand and maximize your options:
- Option 1 – Vacation at your Home Resort: Book within the season you own, either 12 or 13 months in advance (by contacting Marriott Owner Services or through the owner’s login page my-vacationclub.com).
- Option 2 – Internal Exchange: Exchange to 56 Marriott Vacation Club Resorts worldwide (through Interval International – Click here to explore Marriott Vacation Club Resorts locations).
- Option 3 – External Exchange: Exchange to +3.000 worldwide directories, such as Hilton, Hyatt and +80 nations such as Italy, Greece, Portugal, and more (through Interval International – Click here to explore Interval International destinations).
- Option 4 – Deposit: “Bank” your timeshare week(s) to be saved for a later time (using Interval International).
- Option 5 – Rent-Out: Rent your timeshare week(s) to anyone else.
How do I know there is no debt owed on the Timeshare I am buying?
It is in fact impossible for us to execute a transfer of an ownership with any outstanding debt on it. Before Marriott Vacation Worldwide will issue any transfer documentation the ownership must be debt free, with the maintenance fee payments current.
Marriott sales rep. may implicate this as a reason not to buy a resale ownership but to instead buy a membership at full price. Be reassured this is not the case!
What is the transfer of ownership process?
Marriott Vacation Worldwide (MVW) does the transfer of ownership from their head offices in Florida and the process takes about 90 days to complete.
- Once agreement is reached between you and the seller, our transaction coordinator, will contact you to collect all the necessary information for the contract preparation.
- Before the end of the mandatory 14 days’ withdrawal period, we are asking you to transfer onto the escrow account the full purchase amount. All monies will stay blocked until completion of the transfer of ownership.
- From the moment the funds are placed into the account, the agreements will be sent to Marriott for review, also referred as to “Right of First Refusal” period (ROFR); this typically takes 4 weeks. If Marriott choose to waive their “Right of First Refusal” we can then move on with the procedure and the complete file will then be sent via secured postal mail to MVW in Florida.
- In about another 4 weeks of time, we should receive from MVW a document named Holiday Ownership Transfer Agreement (HOTA). Upon receipt, we will forward it to you and the seller for original signatures. This original signed document should be returned to us and after verification we will send it back to MVW in Florida.
- We’ve now reached the final step of the transfer of ownership procedure and we will have to wait another 4 weeks for MVW to complete the transaction. You will receive to your home address the timeshare ownership certificate(s) and we will wait for your confirmation before releasing the funds to the seller.