Why Timeshare Resales?
You can purchase for up to 85% off the Developer sales prices!
Why Timeshare Resales?
You can purchase for up to 85% off the Developer sales prices!
Timeshares Should Not Be Purchased New!
For a long time, timeshare resales (timeshare ownerships for sale by owner, rather than for sale directly from the Developer) were a well-kept secret in the timeshare industry. But no more!
Timeshare resale is now a widely-recognized facet of the timeshare industry. Owners can have easy access to interested buyers, and buyers can find great deals on their future vacations.
Times have changed — we no longer need not sell timeshares the way we did 20 years ago!
The 90-Minute Timeshare Sales Presentation
In a recent survey, over 79% of people surveyed thought that it was necessary to sit through a high-pressure sales presentation to purchase a timeshare.
Question: If you go into an auto dealer, are you required to sit through a 90-minute presentation on the virtues of their latest model? Of course not! You may come in, see the model, ask for the price, and decide whether you want to buy.
At Doctor Timeshare, we have saved owners thousands of euros for those that have bought during a “90-minute” timeshare sales presentation and later found us in time to buy that same ownership, on the resale market, for much less!
How Can a Timeshare Resale Be So Affordable?
According to industry statistics, 50% of the initial price of a timeshare purchased directly from the Developer is allocated to sales, marketing, and administration costs. Someone must pay for the free giveaways and other incentives (e.g. restaurant and spa vouchers) the Developers are giving away in marketing. That someone is you, the consumer, and the good news is you don’t have to!
By purchasing a timeshare for sale by owner, you will certainly not receive any presentation “gifts” but the guarantee to access the same great resorts and services, while saving up to 85% off the original developer pricing, from the comfort of your own home, without ever setting foot in a “90-minute” timeshare sales presentation.
Commonly Asked Questions
What is a Timeshare Week?
Timeshares provides you with the right-to-use of an apartment/villa at a Marriott Vacation Club resort. You “own” your holiday unit for the period that you’ve purchased and pay an annual maintenance fee.
Do you thus like the allure of flexibility in your travel plans each year? Or perhaps you cannot commit to vacation on the same week year after year? If so, timeshare floating weeks will suit you perfectly!
In a floating week system, a Marriott timeshare owner is given a range of weeks to choose from each year. Each week of the year is given a number. In turn, each group of numbers is evaluated as to their popularity among owners. The groups are then sorted by highest demand into different Seasons.
What are Timeshare Seasons?
Marriott Vacation Club designate the seasons with colours such as Silver, Gold, Gold-Holiday and Platinum to distinguish between high, intermediate and low demand weeks.
- Platinum Season (April/July/August): Perfect Season for family with kids with a need to travel during Easter and Summer holiday.
- Gold-Holiday Season (February/June/July/October/December): This Season is available only in certain Marriott Vacation Club Resorts and also coincide with Winter, Spring, Fall and Christmas school holidays.
- Gold Season (April/June/July/September): It is considered as the Mid-Season – Kids are back in school, crowds have returned home, travel costs are reasonable and the weather is still pleasant in most of the European Resorts.
- Silver Season (January/February/March/November/December): This Low-Season will allow you to exchange into almost 3000 worldwide Resorts.
What are maintenance fees?
Maintenance fees are the annual charges which you pay when you own a timeshare interest. The annual maintenance fees, are the owner’s assurance for the upkeep of the resort in which they own. The fees are usually billed by the management company of the resort in which the owner owns the timeshare interest, or by the owner’s committee. Maintenance fees are generally evaluated by the number of units and weeks at any one given resort, coupled with the common areas, facilities and operating costs.
Marriott will send you the bill for your annual dues between November and December, and payment is due in January of the following year.
How long will I own my Timeshare for?
The length of the ownership will depend on the Resort in which you purchase:
Marriott’s Playa Andaluza, Estepona: right-to-use ownership is until 2052
Marriott’s Marbella Beach Resort, Marbella: right-to-use ownership is until 2076
Marriott’s Club son Antem, Mallorca: right-to-use ownership is until 2078
Marriott’s Village d´lle de France, Paris: right-to-use ownership is until 2082
Marriott’s Phuket Beach Club, Thailand: right-to-use ownership is until 2081
How can I use my Timeshare?
It’s really that easy! As a timeshare owner in the Marriott Vacation Club, the world is your oyster, and every year, you get to choose!
The following will help you understand and maximize your options:
- Option 1 – Vacation at your Home Resort: Book within the season you own, either 12 or 13 months in advance (by contacting Marriott Owner Services or through the owner’s login page my-vacationclub.com).
- Option 2 – Internal Exchange: Exchange to 56 Marriott Vacation Club Resorts worldwide (through Interval International – Click here to explore Marriott Vacation Club Resorts locations).
- Option 3 – External Exchange: Exchange to +3.000 worldwide directories, such as Hilton, Hyatt and +80 nations such as Italy, Greece, Portugal, and more (through Interval International – Click here to explore Interval International destinations).
- Option 4 – Deposit: “Bank” your timeshare week(s) to be saved for a later time (using Interval International).
- Option 5 – Rent-Out: Rent your timeshare week(s) to anyone else.
Do I lose benefits buying on the Resale market?
A Marriott timeshare resale is not a copy product! You’re simply taking over an existing timeshare membership from an owner that, for a legitimate reason, is simply not interested in keeping it.
Your Marriott resale ownership(s) will thus work for you in the same way when staying in your Home Resort and exchanging to other Resorts worldwide. The only slight difference is that you will not be eligible to enrol your resale week(s) into Marriott’s Destination Club points-based internal exchange program or trade it for Marriott’s Reward Points to use for hotels.
We also often have people asking if Marriott resale owners are treated differently or get the worst rooms. No! Marriott Owner Services deals professionally with all owners, no matter where or how they purchased their timeshare ownership(s). There is also no preference given to bookings or exchanges for those that purchased at the full price directly, over and above owners of resale ownerships.
What is the transfer of ownership process?
The transfer process takes about 90 days to complete; however, it is essential that we follow legal and company requirements and ensure that both parties are fully protected throughout the procedure.
Marriott Vacation Worldwide (MVW) does the transfer of ownership from their head offices in Florida and the process organised in 5 parts:
- Once agreement is reached between you and the seller, our transaction coordinator, will contact you to collect all the necessary information for the contract preparation.
- Before the end of the mandatory 14 days’ withdrawal period, we are asking you to transfer onto the escrow account the full purchase amount. All monies will stay blocked until completion of the transfer of ownership.
- From the moment the funds are placed into the account, the agreements will be sent to Marriott for review, also referred as to “Right of First Refusal” period (ROFR); this typically takes 4 weeks. If Marriott choose to waive their “Right of First Refusal” we can then move on with the procedure and the complete file will then be sent via secured postal mail to MVW in Florida.
- In about another 4 weeks of time, we should receive from MVW a document named Holiday Ownership Transfer Agreement (HOTA). Upon receipt, we will forward it to you and the seller for original signatures. This original signed document should be returned to us and after verification we will send it back to MVW in Florida.
- We’ve now reached the final step of the transfer of ownership procedure and we will have to wait another 4 weeks for MVW to complete the transaction. You will receive to your home address the timeshare ownership certificate(s) and we will wait for your confirmation before releasing the funds to the seller.
How do I know there is no debt owed on the Timeshare I am buying?
It is in fact impossible for us to execute a transfer of an ownership with any outstanding debt on it. Before Marriott Vacation Worldwide will issue any transfer documentation the ownership must be debt free, with the maintenance fee payments current.
Marriott sales rep. may implicate this as a reason not to buy a resale ownership but to instead buy a membership at full price. Be reassured this is not the case!